Montessori at Riverton
Montessori at Riverton was founded in 1998 by Valerie Trapier-Whitehead and Jeffrey Whitehead. The school started out in the old Riverton Elementary building on Redwood Road and has moved a few times since then till finding it's permanent home in 2014. Campuses have included Riverton Elementary (1998), 12765 S. 1400 W. (2004, with a stint in portables), 11930 South Redwood Road.
After the 2013-2014 school year Valarie and Jeff retired from the school and it is now being cared for by Emily Aune. Simultaneously another big transition is underway, the school is moving to a new permanent campus starting with the 2014-2015 school year, the historic Crane Home Campus located at 1640 West 13200 South in Riverton. We are excited to have lots of room for outdoor activities and new learning opportunities.
We have a student body of well over 100 children. Children have every opportunity to reach their fullest potential in our schools. As our graduates extend their experiences to other educational environments, they take with them the love of peace, self-direction and thirst for learning that they gained at Montessori at Riverton School.